Sitecore Local Environment for Development Part 1: Installing Sitecore Instance
Greetings Sitecore Players!
Today I would like to show you how we can do to set up our Sitecore Local Environment for Development using Visual Studio.
The next post is going to be the first in a series of posts that will help developers start working with Sitecore.
This time we are going to see what we need and how we can do to install the Sitecore instance. So, let's jump into the playground and start the fun!
Installing the Sitecore Instance
- Open the Sitecore installer
- In the first step we can choose between Create a new Instance or Remove an existing one.
Since we want to create a new Sitecore Instance we are going to choose "New Instance".
- Then we have to accept the license agreement. (not much to say here)
- In the next step we can select which type of installation we want to do. Note: If we don't have the WebClient service installed, the installer will display a warning message when the installer attempts to install the WebDAV feature. If you are not interested in having the WebDAV function we can simply ignore the message by clicking "ok". For more information about the WebDAV extension you can check here.
- Here we can specify the Instance Name. As the NOTE says this name is going to be used to represent the the application and (by default) for the Web site name in the IIS.
In our case we are going to use "SitecorePlayground".
- Now we have to select a valid license for the Sitecore Instance.
- In the next step, we can select the Database Server and the authentication method.
We can get this information from the Database installation.
- Then we have to select the Destination Folder for the 🌎Web site. By default is going to useC:\inetpub\wwwroot\[InstanceName].
We are going to use the default location.
- Here we can configure the IIS Web site. In the basic view, we can see that the default Web site name is going to be the Instance name we used in the step 5. In our case, we can use the default value and press next.
- Finally we have the review step. Here we are going to check that everything it's ok and then press the "Install" button.
Installation Complete. Congratulations!
We have successfully installed the Sitecore Instance. We can access to the Sitecore Launchpad using the admin credentials.
By Default the admin credentials are:
- User: admin
- Password: b
Now we can enjoy our Sitecore Instance!
Keep in touch for the next Part, Sitecore Local Environment for Development Part 2: Set up Visual Studio Project.